Humid

(AMAZON)

We hope you enjoy the products we recommend. We may receive a commission if you purchase a product mentioned in this article.

Humid summer weather can lead to excess moisture in your home, making it a prime spot for mold and mildew to grow. If you notice these 4 signs, the humidity level in your home might be too high. Here’s when you should invest in a dehumidifier:

1) You have trouble with allergies.

If you find your eyes are always itchy, you’re constantly sneezing, and seasonal allergy medicines don’t provide enough relief, a dehumidifier may be the solution. Excess moisture in your home can create the perfect breeding ground for mold spores and dust mites, but a dehumidifier can reduce these common home allergens.

2) You spot mold.

Visible mold stains are one of the most obvious signs your home is too humid. The most common areas for mold spots to appear are basements and bathrooms, so check the areas around your shower, toilet, and basement pipes. Tackling a mold problem before it spreads or preventing mold with a dehumidifier can save your wallet and health in the long run.

3) You smell mold or mildew.

Mold isn’t always immediately visible but your nose can tell you if you have a problem. If your home smells musty, you may have an issue with excess moisture, mold, or mildew. Identify the problem and treat your home for any mold, then invest in a dehumidifier to keep that unpleasant smell from returning.

4) You notice water stains.

A water stain on the ceiling may be caused by a leaking pipe, so you should always pinpoint the cause of the problem. These unsightly ceiling stains can also be cause by excess moisture in the home, and if untreated can cause damage to drywall or lead to mold. A dehumidifier can slow damage while you address the root cause.

Recommended Articles